DIY Shera Plank Gate Yourself Under Only RM450
Shera Plank or Fibre Cement Board is getting a lot of attention lately among home improvement enthusiasts. Due to its lightweight but durable quality, this versatile plank can easily replace conventional wooden planks or iron bars. So for those who want to pretty up their old gates, let’s look at how you can do it using the Shera Plank.
- Old Existing Gate
- Shera Plank: https://shp.ee/9ke83qb
- Cordless Drill: https://shp.ee/qh5m6jb
- Clamp: https://shp.ee/ej9sskb
- Awning Screw (1 inch): https://shp.ee/6cdcnib
- Magnetic Spirit Level: https://shp.ee/nh3igtb
- Ruler/Measuring Tape
1. Order the planks according to your gate measurements and your preferred size.
2. Paint the planks to your preferred colour.
3. Mark the places where you are going to attach the plank.
4. Clip the plank on the gate using a clamp. Make sure to use the spirit level to avoid asymmetrical installation.
5. Screw the plank directly where you want to attach it.
6. Repeat the process until you are done.
Here Are Some Ideas To Inspire You
Have Fun Designing!
Considering that the installation process is very simple, you can finish the project within one day! On the other hand, make sure that you have all of the tools ready before starting the project. You can also make a few sketches first before starting to drill anything on the gate. Just to make sure that you get the ideal look for your house. Thanks for reading!